You may download a copy of the letter and application guidelines here: 2018 TTAF Application and Letter
Dear Texas High School Counselor
Subject: 2018 TTA Foundation Scholarship Application and Guidelines
The Texas Telephone Association Foundation (TTAF), a non-profit, philanthropic organization founded to help further the understanding of telephony and advance telecommunications as a career choice, will award six, four-year scholarships, in the amount of $2,000 per year to students entering college for the 2018-2019 school year.
Through March 30, 2018, the TTA Foundation will accept applications for scholarships to be granted beginning Fall 2018. It is our intention to fully review every application submitted. Therefore, TTA Foundation will accept a maximum of two qualified applications per high school counselor. (For example, if your school has three counselors, you may submit a total of six applications.) The Scholarship Committee will make its selections from those applications which meet the following criteria and include the required materials:
- U.S. Citizen;
- Student graduating from a Texas high school no later than June 2018;
- Student achieving a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher (out of a possible 4.0);
- Student planning to attend a Texas college or university by the Fall of 2018;
- A completed application postmarked no later than March 30, 2018, including a current transcript
- A letter of acceptance from a Texas college or university where student has been accepted.
- Copy of student’s SAR (Student Aid Report).
- Do not send incomplete applications. Do not send additional information to be added to your applications once the original application has been sent.
Please note–special consideration will be given to students who will be pursuing a college degree in fields of study which are of particular interest to telecommunications (such as math, business, education, technology, engineering, and computer science, etc.). The courses of study in high school, extracurricular/civic activities and demonstrated leadership will also be considered. In addition, special consideration will be given to students who have established financial need.
By late April, the TTA Foundation Scholarship Committee will select six (6) finalists to receive four-year scholarships in the amount of $2,000 per year.
Scholarship recipients will be notified by early May. Any questions regarding the scholarship application should be directed to JoAnn Kamerman at the Texas Telephone Association office: firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-472-1183. You may also access the attached application form at the Texas Telephone Association website: www.tta.org
Bill Colston, Jr.