General Summary: The Sales Lead will oversee and lead the activities of the Sales Department. Essential Job Functions: Hires and trains sales staff. Organizes and... Read More
Sales LeadDate Listed: Jul 7, 2021 Apply Now
General Summary:The Sales Lead will oversee and lead the activities of the Sales Department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Hires and trains sales staff.
- Organizes and oversees the schedules, territories, and performance of sales representatives.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline of employees in accordance with Company policy.
- Provides leadership to the sales team.
- Motivates and encourages sales team to ensure quotas are met.
- Reviews and analyzes sales and operational records and reports; uses data to project sales, determine profitability and targets, and identify potential new markets.
- Identifies and analyzes customer preferences to properly direct sales efforts.
- Sets quotas for sales teams.
- Consults with potential customers to understand their needs; identifies and suggests equipment, products, or services that will meet those needs.
- Resolves customer complaints, staffing problems, and other issues that may interfere with efficient sales operations.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop sales quotas and strategies.
- Prepares sales budget and monitors expenses.
- Acts as company representative at trade association meetings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills with proven negotiation skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Business Administration, or related field, OR Comparable record of sales leadership experience required.
- At least three (3) years of sales experience required.