General Summary: We are looking for an experienced Product Marketing Specialist who is passionate about building products that customers love. You will join a dynamic... Read More
Product Marketing SpecialistDate Listed: Nov 1, 2021 Apply Now
General Summary:We are looking for an experienced Product Marketing Specialist who is passionate about building products that customers love. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build, and roll out products that deliver to the company’s vision and strategy. Your main responsibilities include gathering product requirements, prioritizing development and implementation, improving the CX, analyzing the competition, conducting market research, developing effective pricing strategies, determining product specifications, production timetables, and plans for product launch. You will play a pivotal role in defining and implementing customer-oriented products and services for telecom customers. Ideally, you will have a deep understanding of broadband and telecommunication services for telecom customers, both consumer and business.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with senior management to create product plans and roadmaps with associated timelines.
- Bring new consumer and business products and services to market by developing proposed product requirements, conducting market research, specifying the features and functionality, preparing return-on-investment analyses; project manage the development with engineering and manufacturing.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; assists sales in costing special and customized orders.
- Drive product launches including working with marketing, sales, public relations, executives, and other team members.
- Liaise with the Marketing department to ensure proper promotion, advertising, and positioning of new products.
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed.
- Work with sales to create product sales strategies.
- Suggest product enhancements to improve user experience.
- Perform quality assurance controls on products.
- Understand the customer and market through analysis and research of the market and competitive conditions to identify key customer needs, define target segments, and determine product feature enhancement and direction.
- Evaluating emerging technology trends across sectors of the market. Interact with the operations and network sides of our business to ensure readiness to investigate and deploy new products as they become available.
- Monitor and assess the impact of market, technologies, product, and competitive trends and incorporate into product roadmaps, product positioning and related activities.
- Monitor products and platforms to evaluate user and client satisfaction, return-on-investment (ROI), and satisfaction of original objectives.
- Manage and communicate sales information and product changes both internally and externally
- Regularly perform pricing and competitive analysis by customer channel and recommend strategies to improve market position, improve quality or reduce costs.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent cognitive, analytical, and creative thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, collaboration, and presentation skills.
- Strong reporting, organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to show judgment, initiative, and build relationships.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and synthesize recommendations.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel.
- Proactive, self-directed, able to multi-task, comfortable working with tight deadlines.
- Quick learner with a strong work ethic and the ability to make decisions and solve problems. while working under pressure; able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions based upon market needs, competitive situations, and best ROI (return on investment).
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, proactive, and results-driven with a passion for delivering the optimal customer experience.
- Proficient at using Microsoft Office suite of programs.
Education and Experience:
- Experience in B2C &B2B product/service management/development ideally with a technical background and a Business Administration or Marketing degree.
- Experience with market research, product requirement and consumers’ behavior analysis, and marketing techniques.
- Experience in developing product pricing and roadmaps, offers, business cases, project management and accountability for delivering against business goals and objectives.
- Related work experience: Product management and development process, 3-5 years, preferably in Cable, Telecommunications, Software or Web Services for B2B and B2C.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful new product/service development through to launch.
- Strong listening and problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves.
- Solid technical understanding in software development and web technologies - an advantage.