Primary responsibilities are management of company’s regulatory compliance, strategies and filings; Overall Management of state and federal Universal Service Funding including budgeting and forecasting; Product and Service Tariff and Terms and Conditions filings; Carrier Access Billing System including switched and special access billing and collection; Special Access service order workflow and billing; FCC and PUC compliance filings; state and federal Universal Service Fund filings, compliance and funding; National Exchange Carrier Association (NECA) and Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) data submission and compliance filings; interconnection agreements with connecting carriers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
· Establishes and manages departmental CAPEX and OPEX budget consistent with corporate objectives, with appropriate reporting.
· Manages corporate Carrier Access Billing including state and interstate switched and special access circuits, including bill rendering, accounts receivable, revenue assurance and bad debt management
· Manages Special Circuit Service Order process including managing and submitting service orders to 3rd parties
· Files Product and Service Tariffs and/or Terms and Conditions with all federal and state entities to ensure compliance
· Manages interconnection agreements with all interconnected carriers including ILEC, CLEC, ISP, IXC, CMRS, etc.
· Conducts audits of circuits, minutes, polling data and develops programs, processes and policies to minimize fraud and abuse and maximize revenue
· Management of state and federal regulatory filings including tariffs, reports, surveys, etc.
· Primary contact for both state and federal regulatory bodies such as PUC and FCC
· Ensures compliance with state and federal rules and regulations and notifies affected departments of regulatory changes
· Manages federal and state support and settlement programs (USF, USAC, Lifeline, NECA Pooling, etc.) to ensure accurate and timely submission of data and to maximize revenue
· Develops and manages internal reports to monitor and forecast Universal Service Funding and Settlements from state or federal support programs
· Ensures departmental compliance with corporate process and project management standards
· Develops and achieves department goals and objectives that support the corporate mission and vision. Establishes measurement systems to monitor attainment of goals and objectives. Maintains departmental scorecards to show results.
· Coaches and develops subordinates in process and procedure developments, applications of company policies, personnel issues, and supervisory techniques.
· Write and administer performance appraisals for skill improvement and merit raises.
· Ensures that subordinates have appropriate training and other resources to perform their jobs.
· Works with supervisors to ensure that staffing, training, scheduling, disciplinary action and reward/recognition programs are in place and updated as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor degree required. Minimum three year experience in communications industry in similar field of training.
Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions and short correspondence.
Ability to deal with and solve problems using solid judgment skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 (Excel, Word, and Powerpoint), Project Management/EPM, and Comsoft programming software applications.
Employees will professionally represent GVTC by adhering to GVTC’s Attire and Grooming Policy.
Provides supervision of designated staff. Effectively and efficiently assigns and manages tasks and responsibilities. Provides appropriate coaching and counseling.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate. This job requires working in a business office with computers, printers, and light traffic.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employee must be able to sit for extended periods of time, attend meetings on and off premises, operate a motor vehicle, and communicate with others through the use of the telephone and internet.
You must be able to lift up to 10 pounds, have close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust your focus with good hand-eye coordination
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $84,948.00 - $127,422.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New Braunfels, TX 78132: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)